Getting Started in Software Development

1 posts Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 12:20 PM in New Here & Getting Started

Hello Katlego here

I am a first year CS student and I would like to get started with Software development, I already learned C++ and a bit of html and CSS, I am not sure if I still need to learn other languages or some things and also I do not know where and how to start ,so I am here because I believe this is the right place to be :)

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+0

Comments

• 1498 posts Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 04:57 PM

Hello @Katlego_Irvin

First of all, Welcome to Topcoder!

You've come to the right place. Our community consist of a lot of talented software developer members that you can reach out for discussion in this forum. If you have any questions or difficulties when learning particular software development skills, just post your question in this forum and our members will help you out.

And you can also learning via different method, if you like to read theory, you can go to our education platform called THRIVE: https://www.topcoder.com/thrive, or if you more like a go guys (learn by practice), you can jump in to our software development challenge in code track, participate in the real challenge to test your current skills or testing our skillbuilder challenges here: https://www.topcoder.com/challenges?search=Topcoder Skill Builder Competition&tracks[Dev]=true&types[]=CH

When you participate in a challenge, even if you are not winning, as long your submission got minimum passing score in the challenge, you will be eligible to download the winning submission which will give you opportunity to learn and observe the winning code, so that's a huge learning advantage.

If you have any specific questions regarding topcoder, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via email fajar.mln@wearetopcoder.com or post your questions in this forum so we can discuss it together.

Best Regards,

fajar.mln

+0