New Topcoder Member and CEO - Excited to be here!

3 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 02:30 AM in Topcoder News & Updates

Hello, Topcoder community,

I would like to introduce myself to you. First, as a new Topcoder Community member [@dhanson] who is looking to learn and grow with all of you in the coming months and years, and secondly as Doug Hanson the new CEO of Topcoder where I am excited by the challenge and opportunity to guide this amazing and talented community and company into the future.

As a new community member, I have read Jessie’s welcome messages, explored the Topcoder platform, and dove into the history and legacy of Topcoder, competitive programming, marathon matches, development challenges, RUX challenges, skill builders… and of course the Topcoder Open. Over the past few months, I have been learning and absorbing what I can about this community and company and have been amazed by the raw talent and intense passion that exists here.

I am honored to be at the helm of Topcoder to continue to drive its potential and future while preserving the legacy that got us here.

In talks with the Topcoder team and many of our Topcoder members who work with us, it is clear that community matters and it has to continue to be the foundation of our business. I am going to focus on making sure our strategy puts the community first while also making sure we listen. I admire how Topcoder’s beginnings always included transparency with the community as well as taking your immeasurable feedback into consideration. I am also looking forward to meeting some of you virtually and even in person at one of our Topcoder Open events. It would be nice to get together in person again!

You can find me in the forums or in Topcoder Discord if you ever have any questions or want to chat. I want to fully be a part of this community and help make it a better place for you.

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+15

Comments

• 431 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:26 PM

Welcome @dhanson! We are excited to have you here! I'm looking forward to some great leadership for our team and our community.

+3
  • 59 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:27 PM

I look forward to the growth of our professional relationship as you navigate us towards further success.
    Welcome aboard! @dhanson

+4
  • 62 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:27 PM edited Mar 31, 2022 at 01:43 PM

Welcome @dhanson to Topcoder. The Topcoder community is like no other and we are honored to have you as a member and CEO.

+3
  • 1498 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:30 PM

Hi @dhanson,

Woohoo, glad to know that the captain has arrived now :D Let's sail this boat beyond the horizon Capt!

+5
  • 75 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:32 PM

Welcome to Topcoder! We're excited for your leadership!

+2
  • 65 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:40 PM

Hi @dhanson, I am excited about the opportunity to work and learn under you. Your wealth of experience will be tremendously beneficial to the company. I will do my best to make sure that your vision becomes a reality. Welcome aboard!

+2
  • 443 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 01:43 PM

Welcome @dhanson! Excited to have you in the Topcoder community and looking forward to see the community thrive under your leadership!

+2
  • 348 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 02:03 PM

Welcome @dhanson !

+2
  • 298 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 03:57 PM

Welcome @dhanson :)
    Looking forward to see Topcoder grow further under your leadership.

+1
  • 19 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 04:08 PM

@dhanson welcome to the team! Honestly really excited to have you on board to experience the vibrance of the Topcoder community and also to work and learn from you!

+1
  • 5 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 07:07 PM

Welcome on board @dhanson looking forward to further growth & innovations.

+2
  • 138 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 09:03 PM

Thanks for joinnig us @dhanson! Community matters and we're here to help. Best of success in this journey.

+1
  • 850 posts Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 10:07 PM

Welcome @dhanson, and congratulations on your new responsibility.

Already pretty thrilled by your message regarding focus on the community and am looking forward to the positive changes to come in the near future. All the very best as we kick off this new era at Topcoder!

+1
  • 1 posts Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 01:35 AM

Welcome and congrats @dhanson ! New chapter begins.. Let's go!

+1
  • 189 posts Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 05:20 AM

Welcome @dhanson and congratulations

+1
  • 27 posts Sat, Apr 2, 2022 at 07:12 AM

It is interesting that you mention marathon matches. Why don't you try looking around the website for information about how to start participating in marathon matches and when they will be held, etc.. Try to gather enough information to actually participate. Log out of TopCoder and don't ask anyone for help, try to experience what it is like for a new user first hearing about TopCoder marathon matches while not even being a TopCoder member.

+2
  • 3 posts Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 02:14 AM

@Rustyoldman - I value your feedback and welcome all community feedback. Since arriving, I've been spending time learning about our areas of opportunity and can understand your frustration.

We've got work to do. I can't promise changes will happen overnight but I can tell you change is coming and I am commited to remaining focused on improving the community experiece. If there is anything else you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to me directly on discord or email me at doug@topcoder.com. Thank you for the post and continuing to be a part of our community.

+1
  • 3 posts Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 02:08 AM edited Apr 3, 2022 at 02:15 AM

I want everyone here to know that I'm available on discord and any community member can email me directly at doug@topcoder.com.

+1