TCO21 Regional Events

431 posts Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:47 AM edited Aug 4, 2021 at 01:16 PM by hmehta in 2021 Topcoder Open

We love our TCO Regional Events!

This year, our TCO21 Regional Events will be a bit different. With the situation around the world still unsteady, we decided to make the most of it and try something fun.

All regional event competitions will be held at the same time on the same dates, virtually. This will give you an opportunity to compete not only aginst the members in your region but also see where you stand against members in other regions. We will have separate leaderboards and an overall leaderboard so you'll be able win cash and prizes based on your performance against your local crowd and the entire world!

Also the champion among all the participants will also have exciting additional prize money to take back home as well as a trip to the 2021 Topcoder Open Finals!

Watch out for invitations and all the details in your inboxes later next week! And keep the first two weeks of August tentatively free. Can't wait to see you at the event and watch the fierce competitions take place!

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+6

Comments

• 25 posts Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 09:58 PM

Hey All!

I have a doubt. When I participated in all thr competitions, I was in India but now I am in the US. Can I get my region changed and get my goodies in the US?

+0
  • 198 posts Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 04:58 AM

Hey @anshul96go,
    The region you are currently based out of will be used for your participation in the regional events. Make sure you update your country on your profile.

Looking forward to seeing you join the event :)

Thanks
    Harshit

+0
  • 198 posts Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 11:04 AM

Hey Everyone!

We will dedicate our This Week at Topcoder meeting this coming Monday to talking more about our regional events. If you have any questions or want more info, please join us to chat live! Go here to register for this call. It's open to all members every week!

Hope to see most of you join!
    Harshit

+2
  • 198 posts Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 07:07 AM

Here is what you need to know:

1. TCO21 Regional events will be all virtual and are scheduled to be held from August 2, 2021, until August 8, 2021. See the full schedule here.
    2. Every regional event will be held in parallel and members from all the regions will be competing in the same competitions. So while you’re competing against those in your region for regional rewards, you also have the chance to take home the TOP overall track spot from across the globe. Here are all the competition rules you need to know.
    3. There's more! The more competitions you compete in, the more you can earn; including a Trip to TCO21 Finals!
    4. We’ll still hold a special event for each region individually to make sure you get to connect with members from your region.
    5. Oh, and t-shirts are being provided of course!
    +2
  • 1 posts Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 09:59 PM

Hey all, we have not yet received the calendar invitation, right?

+1
  • 198 posts Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 04:53 AM

Hey @mtnshh,
    We will be sending out emails with the event links later in the day today, also you will see some calendar invites for some of the major events in the coming days as well :)

Thanks
    Harshit

+2
  • 1 posts Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 01:08 AM edited Jul 29, 2021 at 01:10 AM

So, what is the purpose of the registration code (we received in email) for the Algorithm Qualifying Round 1? I was able to register in the arena and it didn't ask me for a registration code.

+0
  • 198 posts Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 12:26 PM

Hey, @cjoa2,
    We are working on getting it fixed :)

+0
  • 86 posts Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 08:15 PM

Hi @hmehta!
    A couple of weeks ago, I got the e-mail with the invitation to regional SRM track and confirmed my presence, but I didn't get any e-mail with a registration code (which I realized is necessary today when I logged into the arena).

+0
  • 198 posts Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 03:36 AM

Hey @wleite,
    I think you missed completing the acceptance form, can you click on that link again and fill the form, want to make sure we have your details.

In the meantime, I have extended the calendar invite to you, which has all the details we had sent out in the email to the members :)

Looking forward to seeing you compete! :)

+1
  • 11 posts Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:27 AM

Hi, @hmehta , @jmpld40

I'm qualified for regional SRM track only, but I want to participate in Marathon track (TCO21 Regional Marathon - Lightning Marathon Match 128) and Development track (TCO21 Regionals Development Track Hackathon) too.
    1) Can I do that?
    2) If yes, will I be eligible for all the regional event prizes?

3) All the regional events are rated right?

+0
  • 86 posts Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:49 AM

@hmehta said:
    Hey @wleite,
    I think you missed completing the acceptance form, can you click on that link again and fill the form, want to make sure we have your details.

In the meantime, I have extended the calendar invite to you, which has all the details we had sent out in the email to the members :)

Looking forward to seeing you compete! :)

Thanks!
    I just filled the form again.
    I checked my browser history, and I did access the form URL right after receiving the invitation email, but I am not sure if I went through the whole form...

+0
  • 198 posts Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 12:08 PM

Hey,
    All the events are rated and you can participate in multiple competitions.
    Infact there is a overall tournament with bigger prizes if you compete in multiple competitions.

Hope to see you compete!

+1
  • 35 posts Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 09:14 PM

Can i still register this event, i forgot filling form yesterday,
    also i have fill this form today and waiting for hopin link.

+0
  • 198 posts Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 01:16 PM

@degraphic said:
    Can i still register this event, i forgot filling form yesterday,
    also i have fill this form today and waiting for hopin link.

Can you email tco@topcoder.com and we will get back to you with all the details.

+0
  • 1 posts Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 02:30 PM

@hmehta Where can I find the leaderboard(s)?

Also, what about the extra points from the games (photo of 8 items, Wally, ...)?

+2
  • 198 posts Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 07:20 AM

Hey Everyone,

Here is the Algorithm Regional Leaderboard after Round 1. The ones who have qualified, their positions will be updated after Round 2 today

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQahwd-62CFCM7uoN2SqSgN6C84Jota867zHNpyK8iLNrlD_xRp-76x2mP5EN4zxajO_5kCKO0o5EFN/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

+2
  • 1 posts Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 01:18 PM edited Aug 25, 2021 at 01:20 PM

Hi @hmehta , @jmpld40
    IDK why I am unable to see my name in the Algorithm Regional Leaderboard(South Asia) or is there another leaderboard? Also I won the 2nd round of incredibox there is no extra bonus points to me xD

+0
  • 198 posts Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 09:43 AM edited Aug 26, 2021 at 09:43 AM

Hey @vinodarora,
    This leaderboard for Algorithm Competitons only includes, competitors who got a positive score.

The Overall Tournament Leaderboard had results of games and their points, you are on that leaderboard here.

Awards were awarded to winners in the closing ceremony, you can check out the results here: https://topcodr.co/TCO21Regionals. Also next week all the regional event pages will be updated with winners as well.

+0