Are you ready for 2022? Aim for Authenticity

431 posts Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 01:22 PM in Topcoder News & Updates

Forums.gif

Well, like Lauryn Hill and The Fugees proclaim… “Ready or not, here I come, you can’t hide…”

2022 is here and one can only hope (and pray) that it brings more light to our planet than darkness, metaphorically speaking that is.

This year, I’m asking our community members to Aim for Authenticity.

The dictionary tells us that authenticity means: real or genuine, not copied or false, true and accurate.

To aim to be authentic should constantly remind us just that. Be real and be true.

I’m proud to say that at Topcoder, we are thinking similarly and not simply on a personal level but for our business and community overall.

In talking to @adroc, sharing ideas with my team, and learning from the new leadership team members that have joined, Topcoder in 2022 will also aim to be authentic. By remembering why this great community was started by our founder all those years ago, and appreciating how we got here, we are more empowered than ever before.

While I work with the amazing Topcoder community (which consists of our members, the Topcoder team, and our customers) for 2022, being authentic will be top of mind for me and I dare you to do the same.

Let us help you.

• Real world problems to solve.
  • Real money to earn.
  • Real relationships and connections to make, globally and locally.
  • Real learning to be had.
  • Real fun.

Aim for Authenticity in yourself and all you do. Happy New Year and thank you for being part of our community.

*jmpld40

PS: As a music lover, I love to associate songs with everything I do. As we embark on 2022, Let’s Be Still by The Head and The Heart is the song I think helps me to strive to be authentic and hope it can help you too!

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+5

Comments

• 75 posts Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 01:50 PM

Let's Be Still is one of my favorite songs! Great motto for 2022

+3
  • 62 posts Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 02:33 PM

I love some New Year hype!

+2
  • 24 posts Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 02:34 PM

Loving the catchy tune and hoping 2022 will be a great year for all of us involved here .

+1
  • 1498 posts Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 02:51 PM

2022, Here I come...!!

+1
  • 348 posts Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 05:32 PM edited Dec 31, 2021 at 05:33 PM

This definitely resonates with me, since it is something I've always tried striving for. If you're not authentic, then what are you, lying? So it's better to be straightforward, and go straight forward, wherever that takes you. Dare accepted! Let's set towards the new year ahead with our faith, trust and authenticity!

+2
  • 850 posts Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 02:58 PM

Wow, what a great aim to set! Authenticity has been my working principle in life for the past few years, which I also shared in my TCO21 Trip Winner Interview a few months ago: "I just try to live and work authentically"

In fact, if I may get a bit philosophical, as somewhat of an existentialist myself, I think living authentically is one of the only ways to live one's life with contentment.

I wish everyone of us starts aspiring to authenticity, and importantly, we try to understand, appreciate and encourage each other's authentic selves - which is not always easy, but nonetheless important.

I wish everybody a very happy new year, and as Jessie said, let's AIM FOR AUTHENTICITY!

+2