Marathon Match 124 - Postponed

198 posts Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 05:13 AM in General Marathon Discussions

Hi All,
Regrettably, MM 124 round has been postponed by a week. The match is now scheduled to start at 13:00 UTC-5 on March 3rd.

We found some issues in the problem statement and the tester and don't think have enough time to fix and test them before the scheduled launch of the match. The team is working on them to bring an interesting problem statement for you.

Hope to see you join in and compete on Mar 3 @ 13:00 UTC-5. Sorry if you already made time and looked forward to the contest. Please join us next week!

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+0

Comments

• terry_u16terry_u16 Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    2 posts Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 02:46 PM edited Feb 24, 2021 at 02:48 PM

I'm worried that MM 124 round will overlap with AtCoder Heuristics Contest 001 which will start at March 6th and end at March 14th.
    Here's the announcement (in Japanese):

+0
  • vdavevdave Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    138 posts Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 05:31 PM

Also another TCO21-worthy Topcoder marathon (Part 2 of Capacitated Vehicle Routing) is currently scheduled for 5 March - 15 March.

+0
  • hmehtahmehta Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    198 posts Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 06:17 PM

Apologies everyone, we have another delay here. We still have some minor issues to fix before we launch.
    The issue is not that big, so we are delaying the match by a day and hopefully will have it resolved tomorrow and launch.

Thanks for your patience!

+0
  • tufftuff Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    29 posts Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 07:04 PM

The link to the contest forum does not seem to point to anywhere useful. Where is the forum?

+0
  • iehniehn Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    7 posts Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 11:16 PM

Not on the list, has it been postponed?

+0
  • wleitewleite Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    86 posts Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 11:55 PM

@iehn said:
    Not on the list, has it been postponed?

The contest disappeared a few hours ago, but It was there:
    https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/30169660/
    I think it should be back (hopefully) soon, as everything else seems to be fine.

+0
  • tufftuff Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    29 posts Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 12:47 AM

The contest "disappeared" as you say. I can't submit or look at the standings. I can only look at the problem description because I loaded that before it disappeared. That doesn't seem like "everything else seems to be fine" to me.

Also the source code for the tester is incomplete and can not be compiled.

There seems to be no forum for this match.

And there is no communication from the admins.

+0
  • hmehtahmehta Re: Marathon Match 124 - Postponed (response to post by hmehta)
    198 posts Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 01:46 AM

X-Posting!

Match should be visible now, had a small glitch. Sorry! https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/30169660

At Topcoder, we have moved to the new forums (discussions.topcoder.com) in general but this is the last match, in which we would be using the old forums so please ignore the read-only message and continue the discussions in that forum: https://apps.topcoder.com/forums/?module=Category&categoryID=138814

+0