TCO21 Finals News

431 posts Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 04:49 PM in 2021 Topcoder Open

Dear Community,

It is with a heavy heart I have decided we can no longer move forward with an in person event for the TCO21 Finals. The most important thing to me is the health and safety of our community and families.

Things are still not safe yet and cases are spiking again here in the US. Furthermore, the travel ban has not been lifted leaving us in a tough position to host it knowing many couldn’t come if the restrictions aren’t lifted.

I have no way of knowing what November will look like at this point and I don’t think we can wait any longer. I know this was not the the plan we announced earlier but I know deep down that it is the right decision to make.

Those of you who hold TCO near and dear to their heart understand how important of a community event it is and it’s heartbreaking that we still cannot gather together in person. I can only hope that with continued prayers and the rollout of the vaccine, we’ll be in a better spot next year.

Starting today, my team and I will begin planning the best virtual event we can do. TCO will always be the heart of the community and I will do my very best to bring you together the most honorable way I can.

If you want to watch the live message to the TCO21 Finalists, you are more than welcome to. Find it here.

Thank you for your support,
*Jessie
jmpld40

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+1