New BETA site discuss

22 posts Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 03:20 AM in General Discussion

Please share your comments and feedback about the new BETA site https://platform.topcoder.com/earn/find/challenges. It is still a work in progress and we have many features and applications planned. In the meantime, you can share any bugs or UI/UX recommendations in this channel.

If you're liking the new site, we'd love to heard that as well!

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+9

Comments

• HimanshuUIHimanshuUI Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 06:37 PM edited Jul 8, 2021 at 06:38 PM

Great work, Here are few things i would like to recommend

• Close the Left navigation side bar when page loads up , add a hamburger menu there.
    • Make it more responsive .
    • The button text is squishy.
    • Highlights button .
    • Adjust the line height .

Thanks for sharing this opportunity

+2
  • nithyaasworldnithyaasworld Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    59 posts Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 11:52 AM

Hi Oanh, UI is Awesome!
    Just one feedback. If I have applied for multiple gigs whose titles are similar, I can't figure out the Gig details I actually applied for. If I could go back to the Gig details page from my-gigs page by clicking on the gigs I applied for, that would be much helpful! Thank you!

+6
  • ahmed.seddiqahmed.seddiq Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    4 posts Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 07:32 PM

Thanks for the effort, the app will be very helpful for applicants.

I would recommend providing automatic email notifications for status changes.

+4
  • codercatcodercat Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    3 posts Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 04:27 AM

The UPDATE PROFILE form popup in https://platform.topcoder.com/earn/my-gigs gives 'Invalid country code' error on Phone number field whenever any other field is updated and prevents making any change to the first uploaded CV file or any other fields.

+0
  • nursoltan-snursoltan-s Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    505 posts Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 03:05 AM

"Oanh.Tran"
    Maybe it's not related to new beta site but i have one suggestion.
    When reviewer reviews submissions can we hide submitter's handle until challenge ends? So that reviewers not fall into any prejudice.

+1/-1
  • DprinceBoiDprinceBoi Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    17 posts Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 03:42 AM

Ok seriously the UI is cool, and mostly newbie friendly and very detailed. kudos
    I found one UX / functional error, which is: When i get to the last page and last number of items list, then i clicked on the next page, it loads next content, but however it didn't return me to the starting of the page, but it was still stuck on the last bottom page, not ideal.
    thanks

+1
  • yosephclickyosephclick Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 11:46 AM

I applied to three gigs but only two are showing up in the 'mygigs' page.

+2
  • WqeSSWqeSS Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    2 posts Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 11:17 AM

nice

+1
  • WqeSSWqeSS Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    2 posts Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 11:20 AM

nice

+0
  • andnanzandnanz Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    5 posts Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 02:35 PM

Being new to this site, so far good and its user friendly. if any I will advise in due course.

+1
  • nuelibknuelibk Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    2 posts Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 11:55 PM

Hi, so I have an application that is currently being reviewed. Each time I visit the status page, the application crashes and just keeps rolling. A quick look at the console and theres so many error in there.

I don't know if its right to attach a screenshot here, but I can provide url and screenshots for further review

+0
  • andnanzandnanz Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    5 posts Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 09:23 AM

Hi, the better solution to your application crashes is maybe when it plays out an activity that isn't permitted by the working framework. The working framework then, at that point, triggers an exemption or sign in the application. ... A few applications endeavor to recuperate from the blunder and keep running as opposed to leaving.

+0
  • kipyegonmarkkipyegonmark Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    2 posts Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:15 PM edited Nov 3, 2021 at 12:22 PM

I think there should be a way to distinguish challenges that a user is currently registered to, in the style of the old site.

+4
  • djpractessdjpractess Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    2 posts Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 04:22 PM

I performed a Lighthouse report on the Beta Challenges page and discovered several issues that are critical for users with assisted reader devices. My MS Edge report score was 77 and in Chrome it was 71 (I think my own extension affected this report). I don't mind adding them individually to the defect repository in GitLab but there are quite a few to list, including:

• background contrast is not ideal for users with ocular-divergent issues

• this issue occurs on the majority of the inputs in the left search/filter panel
    • dropdown menus, form fields, and buttons do not have ARIA labels (this helps the screen reader declare the names of HTML elements)

• some form elements on the page do not have a parent-child relationship so the screen readers do not have a clear direction for non-visual devices
    +1
  • Oanh.TranOanh.Tran Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by nursoltan-s)
    22 posts Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 08:53 PM

Good suggestion

+0
  • Oanh.TranOanh.Tran Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by yosephclick)
    22 posts Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 08:54 PM

can you ping me on slack at @oanh tran or email me at oanh.tran@topcoder.com with the name of the gig you applied to but is not showing up in my-gigs? When you did apply?

+0
  • Oanh.TranOanh.Tran Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by nuelibk)
    22 posts Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 08:56 PM

Hi, can you please open a ticket and share the screenshots? https://github.com/topcoder-platform/micro-frontends-earn-app/issues

+0
  • Oanh.TranOanh.Tran Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by djpractess)
    22 posts Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 08:57 PM

Thank you for your feedback. The product team will work with the UX team to make changes.

+0
  • msufiannasirmsufiannasir Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    2 posts Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 08:29 PM

I am having issue while loading gigs on my dashboard. There is 500 error on the following url https://platform.topcoder.com/gigs-app/api/my-gigs/myJobApplications?status=active_jobs&page=1&perPage=10

I found error in my console

+0
  • arc46arc46 Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 01:24 AM

@Oanh.Tran

I having the same issue for my gigs status page is not loading as mentioned above.
    Please can you look into that.

https://platform.topcoder.com/earn/my-gigs

+0
  • MrvnbwalyaMrvnbwalya Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    2 posts Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 06:05 PM

Awesome

+0
  • ecodoteecodote Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 02:54 AM edited Apr 7, 2022 at 02:56 AM

@nithyaasworld said:
    Hi Oanh, UI is Awesome!
    Just one feedback. If I have applied for multiple gigs whose titles are similar, I can't figure out the Gig details I actually applied for. If I could go back to the Gig details page from my-gigs page by clicking on the gigs I applied for, that would be much helpful!

coding is e
    xclus

+0
  • AraksAraks Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 11:01 PM

Great job, UI/UX is on point.

+0
  • kokuetorkokuetor Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 03:01 AM

Hi Everyone,

my warmest greetings to all.

I am student learning to code and program. I however, need some some help with Javascript and React JS in VSCode Studio using GITbash and more.

I will be glad if anyone here will be willling to help. The vidoes I watched from Youtube are not sufficient.

Waiting patiently for a contact.

Thanks

Kokuetor

+0
  • _the_creator__the_creator_ Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 09:48 AM

Hi ,
    I have applied for multiple gigs but not receiving any mail of successful application or not even getting a phone screen mail (not unsubscribed or blocked topcoders any mailid still the issue is there ). Please look into it .

+0/-1
  • DivinzDivinz Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Oanh.Tran)
    1 posts Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 10:55 PM

While the idea is appealing, there's a significant drawback: the lack of a dashboard to track the progress and earnings of referrals.

The referral program by TopCoder has the potential to be great due to the platform's reputation and the appeal of its competitions and challenges. However, the absence of a tracking dashboard can be frustrating for users who refer others. The ability to monitor the status of referrals, see who has signed up through their referral links, and track the earnings accumulated from successful referrals is crucial to motivate users to continue promoting the platform.

+0/-1
  • DaraKDaraK Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by _the_creator_)
    443 posts Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 12:22 PM

the_creator,
    Please email support@topcoder.com to ask about the status of your gig.

+0
  • DaraKDaraK Re: New BETA site discuss (response to post by Divinz)
    443 posts Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 12:23 PM

Hi @Divinz,
    We will be coming with a new referral program and structure, somewhere at the end of this year/ beginning of next one and it will be easier to track your referrals in the new format.

+0