It started way back in [topcoder] history

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+16
2»

Comments

• adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by Rizqykhairani)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 02:58 PM

@Rizqykhairani
    Yes it is hard to say goodbye! Thank you and take care + good luck on future challenges

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by jivkoss)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:00 PM

@jivkoss so happy to see you back competing and I always appreciate your emails/questions and thoughts on ways to improve the model. You have come a long way on your graphic design journey - continue pushing/refining your vision and skill.

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by kiril.kartunov)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:02 PM

@kiril.kartunov
    So happy we got to know each other over the past few years - thank you for helping/building/solving/fixing and just being awesome at what you do.

+1
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by a.allaire)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:03 PM

Welcome @a.allaire to Topcoder! Make sure to meet the community and continue to find new opportunities for everyone. This is an amazing company and community!

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by Pena)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:06 PM

@Pena

I love your passion from day 1! You found us/we found you... and the rest has been history. Thank you for all of your hard work/effort with Alef and now with RDM's... (so much potential with RDM's = the future is bright with this and Topcoder. The key is to keep pushing to make each RDM better then the last one). Good luck!

+1
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by ngraphics)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:10 PM

@ngraphics
    It was so much fun meeting you in Jaipur! What a great event, day... also the video(s) you have created have been inspiring. I always think of you as an amazing logo creator/illustrator and you have had your own amazing story/journey with Topcoder. Keep creating!

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by chekspir)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:16 PM

@chekspir
    What a crazy journey the two of us have been on! Appreciate your drive and passion to change your career and life to do something you are super passionate about. Thanks for all the help with writing cool design problems, pushing the boundaries of design in the RUX challenges (going all in on something that might blow everyone away and take 1st place... or might take last). I was just telling the family we have a place to stay in Chile and we should go visit! Lets see if we can make it happen. Keep pushing Trevor and Lynn ;)

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by hi4sandy)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:22 PM edited May 6, 2022 at 03:23 PM

@hi4sandy The creation of UI Prototype track and the core group that competed on it was so much fun. What an incredible Topcoder journey for you! Self-taught and a major advocate for doing it/coding/formatting things correctly! You helped to push us to be better with better specs and reviews. I think sometimes we had translation issues but we were able to overcome it and learn from each other and became better because of it. I love your Topcoder story and how you were able to get your current job. Keep going and keep improving yourself and when you have time, continue to push Topcoder as they rapidly grow. Hope to see you soon!

The Disney/Tokyo trip was awesome ^

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by VanitaW)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:25 PM

@VanitaW Thank you! Appreciate all that you do and particpate in at Topcoder. Thank you for helping with our new SEO content creation challenges!

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by sah2ed)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:37 PM

@sah2ed Thank you! Take care

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by lazy_manushya)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:37 PM

@lazy_manushya same to you... Thank you!

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by billsedison)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:40 PM

@billsedison so happy we were able to meet and hangout at TCO! The Adobe program was so much fun and I really like the work and the stories (for anyone who wants to view https://www.topcoder.com/community/member-programs/adobe?tracks[info]=0) Thank you for making it possible (as I know you are a copilot that is in-demand!) Take care of yourself and continue to rock everything you try.

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by nursoltan-s)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:43 PM

@nursoltan-s thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to regularly join our events and checking in like you do. Take care!

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by rajeshrathod)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:48 PM

@rajeshrathod I can't imagine Topcoder without you! ;)

We have been on a journey together and I love seeing your progress and success over the years. Thank you for jumping in and giving a RUX/LUX, design direction or a bracket tournament all of your energy and design thought and skill - you always push yourself to think about the problem, the user and what a potential (amazing) solve might be. Also, as part of sharing your energy you helped to make these event fun! Its great that we were able to connect in Bangalore during my visits and I look forward to seeing you again soon (in India or in the US - whatever happens first!)

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by kalindikumari)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:51 PM

@kalindikumari You are still in the early days of your Topcoder journey... keep going and sharing your infectious energy with everyone! I love that you just want to help and get things done (and done correctly). We will meet at some point!

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by arcnajib)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:53 PM

@arcnajib Love the meme's (design month and Indonesia events). Thank you and keep competing! More design work coming soon.

+0
  • adrocadroc Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by ketzjs09)
    165 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 03:56 PM

@ketzjs09
    It has been a lot of fun working with you over the past year and I appreciate the passion and effort you put in to the DS/ML/AI efforts we have. Thank you for all of your help and guidance on the Alef Program. I think you also figured out ways I was looking to push you to try/do some things differently and push everyone and the model. Thank you for taking the direction and running with it. It has been a pleasure working with you - we will connect again.

+0
  • molderacsmolderacs Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by adroc)
    14 posts Fri, May 6, 2022 at 10:56 PM

Hi adam, we will miss you, you are the best mentor, the first time I met you was at the topcoder workshop in Indonesia 2018. and at that time I was interested in joining topcoder until now.

Thank you very much for the design knowledge you have given us

I wish you all the best.
    keep healthy, we will see you

+0
  • AriefkAriefk Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by adroc)
    76 posts Sun, May 8, 2022 at 03:59 AM

I didn't think it would be this fast. Thank you Adam for everything, being our mentor, giving us lots of fun things... hope to see u around us at every topcoder event...good luck...

+0
  • mahestromahestro Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by adroc)
    138 posts Tue, May 10, 2022 at 08:16 PM

It was my first TCO, I was scared and my set up wasn't working properly. Then this beardless dude shows up, plays some tricks on my computer so I can compete in the design finals. I don't remember if I said thanks but I do remember thinking: this guy helps.

In short lines, that's one of my favorite memories of our journey in Topcoder because it defines that you have been doing all these years, helping out.

Your farewell statement doesn't do justice to the significance of your contribution to this community. You are the founder of a special track and this thing we call community which is an extended family. You are a genuine helper, you are bold, you are family.

I can't thank you enough for the trust you endowed me with in all the projects we worked together, for those lessons that made me an integral designer and a better person.

I wish you to be happy, to enjoy yourself in this new journey. I'll miss you terribly.

PS: see you in Arizona for a hike!

+0
  • kharmkharm Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by adroc)
    65 posts Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 04:11 PM

Adam is a very good person, taking care of his team and treat Topcoder members really well. Through hard times he stands for us for so long.

Smart and driven, kind and sincere, he is someone people will flock into. That patience + knowing when and what to talk is also a quality that helps a lot in this community. Through the years Adam has helped us to be better in skills and as a person. Things we've learned from examples and interactions, it matters.

Keep up the good works and building people, Adam! Thank you, we (and our family) are blessed.

It's been a long journey, I hope you'll find a more relaxed + an also wonderful one in your new season! Have a great one with peace and joy, along with your kids, wife and all your family!
    (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well 😆!)

+0
  • fajar.mlnfajar.mln Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by kharm)
    1498 posts Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 01:22 AM

Happy New Year Champ!

+0
  • kharmkharm Re: It started way back in [topcoder] history (response to post by fajar.mln)
    65 posts Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 12:31 PM

Happy New Year, Bang Fajar 😆!

+0