Gig Work General Discussions

431 posts Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 02:12 PM in Gig Work Discussions

Use this thread for talking about Gig Work - follow the feed so you never miss a thing!

Please remember our Code of Conduct.

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+0

Comments

• 14 posts Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 06:33 AM

Hi Topcoder team,

I am looking for some gig work. I am an expert in data analytics and designing systems. I have recently got active with Topcoder competitions and have secured a winning position in 6 out of 7 competitions in which I have participated in the last 3 weeks. Please let me know if you think there is a GIG which would suit as per my Topcoder profile achievements.

I was actually confused with these many Gig options and am not well aware of the procedure.

Thanks

+0
  • 4 posts Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:19 AM

Hey akhil08.iitkgp,

Wow! What a record in Topcoder competitions; well done.

I've found your profile and I'm going to send you an email with our active gigs that might be of interest. Keep an eye on your emails.

You can also search for active gigs directly here: https://www.topcoder.com/gigs

Feel free to shoot any questions over.

Nathan

+0
  • 15 posts Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 01:53 PM

Hi Topcoder Team ,

I have been looking at the Gig Job Details . Lot of them ask for experiences.
    Is it mandatory to fulfil all of them ,

In general whats the process look like ?

+0
  • 4 posts Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 10:48 AM

Hey @WeirdThinker15,

Good question.

The Topcoder community is full of incredible talent and so when gigs go live it's worth applying for the positions that align with your experience.

If you feel like you're missing a few core skills for some gigs then I'd recommend going to compete in some of our challenges to build that experience. You can add those experiences onto your CV and Topcoder profile when you're done.

So if you're applying: go hard on the gigs that you feel like you have the best chance to be successful in.

If you want me to take a look at your CV and recommend some gigs then you can ping me a copy: nathan.jefferson@copilots.topcoder.com

The process is usually pretty slick. When you apply you'll receive an update within 24 hours. If it's negative then we'll recommend some next steps. If it's positive then you'll meet with a colleague in recruitment for a video chat (you pick a time that works for you).

At that stage, if you're happy with the gig and we feel like it's a good fit then we'll present you to the client. They'll then pick up the process with either a standard interview, a technical interview or a combination of both.

Usually, from application, we're pushing for 10 days. We can't always commit to that timeframe as a lot depends on the clients side, but we'll always work to update you quickly.

Hope that's useful.

+1
  • 142 posts Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 04:33 PM

Is it necessary to have a good win record on topcoder to get into gig works ?

Lets assume someone is good in a particular skills and he is confident about clearing his interview if he gets an opportunity to get interviewed for the gid work

In that case not having a win record n topcoder restrict him from getting into gig works ?

+0
  • 1 posts Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 10:57 AM

Hello,

I would like to understand if all GIGs are remote or if they usually require travelling or working at the company office.
    I live inside the European Union, are there further legal requeriments for me to be able to do a GIG and do tou have an ideia of how would I declare my earnings?

Thanks in advance!

+0
  • 62 posts Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 10:12 AM

Hi neurods,

All of our current gigs are remote and we plan on keeping it that way.

For local tax consequences, we would require you to conform to any local laws and be sure you are in compliance, but we do not have the expertise to advise you specifically on this.

+0
  • 6 posts Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 04:26 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for some gig work. But I keep getting the information bar on the gig listings page that I have 1 gig in applied status. But I have not applied to any gig right now. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything or this is a bug that I need to report.

Thanks!

+0
  • 62 posts Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 11:01 PM

Hi @krisniz thank you for the message, I have updated your status, you should be all set to apply.

+0
  • 22 posts Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 04:55 PM

hi @krisniz,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team will look into this issue.

+0
  • 65 posts Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 04:58 PM

Thanks for reporting @krisniz! Team is investigating...

+0