Have Questions About Topcoder?

431 posts Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 04:21 PM in New Here & Getting Started

Hey members, use this thread if you have questions about Topcoder!

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+0

Comments

• dpebbledpebble Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    8 posts Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 04:00 PM

test

+0
  • ArjunultraArjunultra Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 03:46 PM

Hello I am a commerce graduate who wants to do web development as you may see I know only html and some css , Can I do something in topcoder with that skills?

+0
  • fajar.mlnfajar.mln Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by Arjunultra)
    1498 posts Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 04:39 PM

Hi @Arjunultra,

First of all, Welcome to the Topcoder Community :)

Having a knowledge of HTML and CSS is a great start if you want to be serious in web development world. However, you will need to step up your game a little bit, other essential knowledge that you need to know in web development is a javascript skill. Along with that, try and learn various aspect of web development like javascript framework (react, angular, etc) or css framework bootstrap, and other trends in web development.

You can also learn about skills for web development from our THRIVE platform: https://www.topcoder.com/thrive or from our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/TopcoderOfficial, and filter it for web development learning content.

Our community also have a lot of talented web developer members that you can reach out, just post your questions in the forum and they will help to clear out your doubts.

Explore and start your journey as web developer with Topcoder, and don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have one, thank you.

Best Regards,

fajar.mln
    Topcoder Community Manager

+1
  • rajumosesrajumoses Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 06:07 AM

Hello,

How I can earn $3000 per week through Topcoder Gigs. Please give me some tricks and tips

Regards
    Raju Moses
    raju_moses@yahoo.com

+0
  • fajar.mlnfajar.mln Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by rajumoses)
    1498 posts Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 07:23 AM

Hi @rajumoses

We have a lot of gigs that pay that amount of money in our gig work page, but in order to get/landed that particular of gig work, you will need to master/or have advance skills in particular technology, I think there are tons of gigs that pay the amount of money you're mentioned.

For example, check out our two top gig works right now:

Now, how good are you and what kind of skills that you already mastered? One way to landed that gig work is to show your skills to us, either by providing great portfolio record when applying to particular gig, or show it directly by participating in our challenges and show a good track record in our competition platform for the required specific skills.

There is no shortcut to get the gig work, but if you have the skills needed for the gigs and also trustworthy, it will be very easy for you to get/landed the gig work.

Let us know more if you have any questions, thank you.

Best Regards,

Fajar Maulana Harahap
    Topcoder Community Manager

+1
  • roccinanteroccinante Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 02:10 PM

Hello,I'am a new comer.I'm looking for code that someone submitted in the challenges.Can you tell me how to find it.Thanks!

Regards
    Roccinante

+0
  • ketzjs09ketzjs09 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    850 posts Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 03:20 PM

@roccinante said:
    Hello,I'am a new comer.I'm looking for code that someone submitted in the challenges.Can you tell me how to find it.Thanks!

Regards
    Roccinante

To access a submission of a concluded challenge you will need to be a submitter in that challenge with a passing score. There is no other way to access submissions of a challenge, unless one is a copilot or reviewer in that challenge.

+0
  • fraizbean14420fraizbean14420 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 12:43 PM

im new here and looking for gaining some knowledge about freelance and wanna do something in my life about it...i don't know what to do what...if anyone of you can help me please let me know:))

+0
  • froggod554froggod554 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 04:24 PM

Hi Topcoder crew. I'm an incoming college freshmen and I want to major in software engineering. Am I qualified for topcoder with just a highschool diploma?

+0
  • Suru23Suru23 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    19 posts Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 06:06 AM

Hi team, where can i find my topcoder referal link. kinldy help

+0
  • HeboyHeboy Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    3 posts Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 05:20 PM

卄| | 卂爪 Ҝ|几ᗪ ㄖ千 几乇山 乃ㄩㄒ | ᗪㄖ 几ㄖㄒ ㄩ几ᗪ乇尺丂ㄒ卂几ᗪ ㄒ卄乇 匚ㄖ几匚乇卩ㄒ ㄖ千 卂卩卩ㄥㄚ|几ᘜ 千ㄖ尺 ㄒ卄ㄖ丂乇 ᘜ|ᘜ丂 |丂 |ㄒ ㄒ卄卂ㄒ 山乇 卄卂ᐯ乇 ᐯ|丂|ㄒ ㄒ卄乇 山乇乃丂|ㄒ乇 乇ᐯ乇尺ㄚ ᗪ卂ㄚ ㄖ尺 山卄卂ㄒ?

+0
  • HeboyHeboy Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    3 posts Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 05:23 PM

hi team i don't understand the concept of the gigs is it that we have to visit the website everyday or what?

+1
  • ShumailaAnwarShumailaAnwar Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 06:58 AM

can you please guide me how to extract data from toipcoder to maake a dataset.

+0
  • KU20399183KU20399183 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 10:34 AM

Hello,
    I am new to TopCoder. Register for a challenge name "EPOST RX MODERNISATION - P_RS_RXLINKING_INSERT IMPLEMENTATIONz" , But I can't file any question file So I am not getting How to start or from where to start.

My question is Do I have to do that from scratch on my own???? or
    Question file is there But May be I am not able to find, Is that case??

+0
  • prism17prism17 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 09:51 AM

Hello, we can't compile code on topcoder arena, it said "Sorry, the request is timeout.", we love topcoder SRM, please fix it!

+0
  • geekymindgeekymind Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 05:55 AM

hi @jmpld40

https://www.topcoder.com/thrive/articles/authentication-and-authorization-in-express-js-api-using-jwt

using the above mentione article I'm able to understand JWT more easier than other stuff on the web..
    really thankful for the following resource..

I've on question regarding /hiddencontent route which is mentioned in the above article..
    while I'm providing header with Authorization and admin token like JWT [JWT_TOKEN] buth the issue here is that the logic is not working for the given token..

here is my code..

const express = require("express");
    const { register, login, verifyemail } = require("../controllers/auth.controller.js");
    const verifyToken = require("../middlewares/authJWT.js");
    const user = require("../models/user");
    const router = express.Router();

router.route("/register").post(register);

router.route("/login").post(login);

router.route("/verify").post(verifyemail);

router.get("/hiddencontent", verifyToken, (req, res) => {
    if (!user) {
    res.status(403).send({
    });
    }
    if (req.user == "admin") {
    res.status(200).send({
    });
    } else {
    res.status(403).send({
    message: "Unauthorised access", // it is always comes in this section while authorization part
    });
    }
    });

module.exports = router;

can anyone help me out in this part..

+0
  • fajar.mlnfajar.mln Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by geekymind)
    1498 posts Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 12:29 AM

@geekymind

Can you post this under our forum category LEARNING -> THRIVE section so I can help find an answer to your question? This is not the correct place to post your question, thank you.

+0
  • fajar.mlnfajar.mln Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by prism17)
    1498 posts Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 12:36 AM

Hi @prism17

I believe the issue has been resolved now. For further questions or suggestions related to SRM, Arena, and others related to competitive programming, please post it under our forum category "COMPETITIVE PROGRAMMING" so we can response to your query faster, thank you.

+0
  • yosoytotalyosoytotal Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by Heboy)
    2 posts Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 07:27 AM edited Jan 30, 2023 at 07:34 AM

font. Translation.
    Hi I am king of new but I'd not understand the concept of applying for those gig's is it that we have visit the website every day or what?

fuente. Traducción. Hola, soy el rey de lo nuevo, pero no entiendo el concepto de solicitar esos conciertos, ¿es que visitamos el sitio web todos los días qué?

You are JavaScript Code.
    I 💕 you too

+0
  • Padmini_DeviPadmini_Devi Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 01:57 PM

hello I got selected for a gig and its showing as phone screen os scheduled or you need to schedule a phone screen how to do that

+0/-1
  • kalindikumarikalindikumari Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    126 posts Sat, May 6, 2023 at 06:58 PM edited May 6, 2023 at 06:59 PM

Hi @Padmini_Devi

Thank you for posting your question!

All gigs you have applied to are now cancelled or Unfortunately your profile was not a match hence the phone screening is not scheduled.

Please keep applying to gigs which match your skills and interest here !

You can reach out to gigwork@topcoder.com for more queries!

Thanks,
    Kalindi

+0
  • WinnerEWinnerE Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    226 posts Fri, May 12, 2023 at 05:53 PM

i want know about Topcoder situtation and future vision. i heared TCO 23 is last tco for Topcoder. so i want know about future challenges about customers and earnings.

+1
  • BeckyE430BeckyE430 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by WinnerE)
    75 posts Mon, May 15, 2023 at 01:39 PM

Hi @WinnerE , thanks for posting. The best place to get updates is by joining us at our Topcoder Town Hall next week (5/24/2023). Town Hall Register Here Even if you cannot attend live, we will send out the recording afterwards and also share on Discord. We look forward to seeing you there!

+0
  • Vishnu.DesaiVishnu.Desai Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 06:31 PM edited Jul 13, 2023 at 06:32 PM

under my gig it's showing git status as "Phone Screen" and message is like "You need to schedule a phone screen or a phone screen has already been scheduled" I haven't got any email though, can you guide me how can I proceed further

+0/-1
  • Viaan26Viaan26 Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by jmpld40)
    1 posts Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 09:47 AM

i am not able to see all the challenges ,just few are visible.can you please tell me where can i check that,
    Is there any criteria for working on challenges,I can work on any challenges depends on interest right?

+0/-1
  • gstiegergstieger Re: Have Questions About Topcoder? (response to post by fajar.mln)
    1 posts Sat, Oct 7, 2023 at 09:34 AM edited Oct 7, 2023 at 09:43 AM

Hi Fajar,

I have fond memories of Topcoder and winning Marathon Match 42 "Flocking Behavior" on 15 October 2008.

https://competitiveprogramming.info/topcoder/marathon/round/13567

As you can see I was the winner in the final evaluation.

Unfortunately today I was disappointed to see the following:

https://www.topcoder.com/challenges/3783400f-39aa-4eb3-93c0-824b71e7596c?tab=details

It seems the provisional leader board has replaced the final leader board.

Here is further evidence of my rating progression and re-confirmation of my 1st place:

https://competitiveprogramming.info/topcoder/marathon/history/gstieger

Kindly advise whether you can re-instate the accurate historic record for MM 42.

Thank you
    Gustav

+0