May 2022: Community Update

431 posts Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 03:33 AM edited Apr 29, 2022 at 03:44 AM in Topcoder News & Updates

Hey Community,

I love sending out the monthly newsletter but usually I'm a bit too long winded and then we have TOO much info for you. I decided I will start writing my full message in here for you and I encourage you to interact with me with any questions or feedback here or in Discord.

In case you're new, I'll introduce myself to you - my name is Jessie or @jmpld40 here at Topcoder. As your head of community, it is my job to be there for you and make sure your voices are heard. I've been around these parts for a LONG time (17 + years) and the main reason for that is YOU. All of you. The Topcoder community has become part of my family and it's an honor for to call this a job. I get to hang out with you and do things that truly matter.

It's May and we've got a lot of things going as usual around here but the most important notes for you today include this:

• Seven incredibly talented community members found TWO COMETS FOR NASA with their algorithms. No joke. We have been celebrating all month and will continue to do so. See about the webinar, our NASA community and more here.
  • Topcoder Open is getting a facelift and your input is needed.
  • It's our 6th Annual @gh3ablo Design Month at Topcoder!

Don't miss the May newsletter for more. Please always reach out to me if you have any questions as that is what I'm here for. jessie at topcoder.com

The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” –Barack Obama

Have a wonderful month!

View: Threaded  |  Flat
+3

Comments

• 431 posts Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 10:56 PM

PS: I almost forgot! We are building a Developer Center for Topcoder members with the help of copilot @billsedison! So excited to bring this community run project to you in the coming weeks!

+4